Friday, January 11, 2008

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

I know... I know... You never thought it would happen but it has I have FINALLY posted pictures of our house. But you have to promise to continue to look at my page every now and then because i am starting to get into this blog thing. So we have a basement also but it isn't pictured because it is a mess of boxes that we are still deciding weather to we want to save them for out move or if we want to buy new ones (or steal them off the side of the road like i did before from navy housing on bulk days) :-) But when it starts looking better i will post a picture.

Things that we have done have been to repaint our bedroom and David put in our pantry, it was an empty hole and now it is AMAZING!!! Thank you so Much!!! It was nice to get our food put away.

So our plans for this house/condo is to re-do the kitchen, put in an outlet for the island and to also put in a dishwasher. I miss that a lot. We are also going to re-do the cabinets. We are planning on putting a cabinet on the far side of the dining room wall and then that one will be done. Oh and curtains but all of that will have to wait that is our 2nd to biggest project. Our biggest is finishing the basement. It will be a lot of work but it will be a good thing for resale and our smallest of the big projects is to carpet the front room so that when we do have kids (one of these days) they will have a soft place to crawl.

We love this house so much. I was asked the other day if I ever get scared being by myself and I have yet to freak out about that. It has such a good feeling about it and it helps that when Kim changed to locks on the door he put the dead bolt right side up and the door knob upside down. I figure no one is going to take the time to find out how to unlock a door upside down... Thanks Kim...

On a side note... David is out to sea again. We figure that he will be gone all of 4.5 months this year and will have a 6 month deployment at the end of that... So I am going to try to keep myself busy. This year is going to fly by so fast though. We hope all is going well for everyone else and we send our love.

3 comments:

Fred and Meili said...

I love your house. You guys have done a great job! I just was looking at pictures of Han & Shellie's house. You guys are ambitious!!

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

Looks nice sis. You can always come out and visit for a while while David is gone. We have an extra room now. Love you sis.

The House's said...

your house looks great! I don't know how you do it having David gone so much, I think I'd go crazy!