Friday, October 24, 2008

MY AMAZING HUSBAND

So as many of you know David is out to sea for another week. He has been out for a little over 3 weeks. One week was spent unexpectedly in Florida. I loved it because I was able to talk to him a little bit. Well the reason that he was in Florida was a bit scary. They had a fire on the boat while in the ocean. It destroyed the fans so they had to fix them. They practice doing drills 95% of the time that they are out to sea, so putting the fire out wasn't to bad but still scary for the wife. But everyone was fine thank goodness.
David’s division and one other were in charge or fixing the problem. Everyone else on the boat were out enjoying Florida. They had a little under a week to do the job in. A guy in David's division (Dod) passed out from lack of sleep the Doc on the boat made him sleep. He had been awake a couple days in a row from the fire to working to get things fixed. David was up for a day and a half slept for a couple hours and was back to work. They have such crazy schedules I could never do them. So anyways to make a long story short they fixed the fans on Friday night at 11pm and they weren’t expected to have them done until Sunday afternoon. Because of the hard work that was put in by all those that helped awards were given out. Dod, David and 3 other men in the other division were awarded NAMS (Navy Achievement Medals). They have about 12 people in there Division the other 10 will receive honorable recognition for there help. Most people that are in the Navy only receive one NAM in a term (3-5 years I'm not sure which) and that is awarded to them when they leave the boat. This is David's second NAM that he has received since being on the boat. I am so so so proud of him. Words could never express how proud I am. He is amazing! I love him so much and appreciate all that he does. His hard work is something that I know that my children will look at and appreciate and learn from and I am so lucky to have that in my life. I am so proud of all of his accomplishments and that he does them with no expectations of receiving anything in return. As my mom says the one thing that you can count on about the Navy is you can never count on them. So even though he had the hopes of getting out of work early the next day knowing that it wouldn't happen he still pushed to get the job done.

1 comments:

Kris said...

Good for you David.
Aunt Kris