Friday, March 20, 2009

USS HARTFORD

I guess i should be careful what i ask for i wanted something to blog about and here it is... So first and foremost I want to say that everyone is ok... There are 15 crew members on the Hartford that have minor injuries. Today at our wives mtg. they said that the injuries were as if you had got into a fender bender and got whip lash. We don't have a lot of information other than what is on this video. I will update when I know anything. They want to pull into port and evaluate the damages before anything is declared. Please keep David and his crew in your prayers. The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. local time Friday (5 p.m. EDT, Thursday), when the USS Hartford, a submarine, and the USS New Orleans, an amphibious ship, collided into each other in the narrow Strait of Hormuz.

This is what the sub now looks like...
copy and paste for larger picture http://navysite.de/ssn/images/ssn768coll.jpg


This is how the sub usually looks...

This is how the sub should usually looks...


4 comments:

Fred and Meili said...

We will keep you in our prayers!

tHe tHaYeRs said...

I had no idea this had even happened?! You and David are now and will always be in our thoughts and prayers! Keep me updated! Love you!

Finlinson's said...

I heard about it on the news. I didn't know that was where your husband was stationed. Hoping all is well with him.

Lara said...

Oh my heck! I hope things will be okay. You are both in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.