Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update time

So a quick update of our lives. I had the best birthday present given to me yesterday because David came home a couple days earlier that he was supposed to so I was able to spend it with him. But he is only home for about 10 days and will be leaving again to go on a mini deployment. He gets to go to France. Sad day that I can not go with him :-( Maybe i can sneak in his sea bag...

He was going to stay home for the next 2 months but they are having the last big inspection on the boat and they want him to be their so that he can ace his DC stuff yet again. Which is good. But his new chief even told him, "Sorry your getting punished for doing a good job with your DC gear". He would have been doing schools that would have helped him with life when he isn't in the Navy. But hopefully he will be able to do them when he comes back. That way he will get a 'outstanding' on his DC and will also be able to do the schools to help for when he gets a Civilian job.

I am working at the Day Care which I am still loving. I am going in for Gal Bladder surgery on the 20th. I am feeling pretty good about it right now. David will be home for that and he will be off for 4 days afterwards to take care of me.

For those of you who know my friend Laura or have heard me talk about her, she had her baby today at 4:30am. 8lbs. 2oz. and 18in. long. He is so stinking cute. His name is Kallin. It will be fun to watch him grow and to watch how her two daughters interact with him. I took her daughters Tate and Shaye for the weekend a couple weeks ago so that her and her husband could get some things done in their house before Kallin came. I put Tate's hair in curlers and she looked so dang cute so here are some pictures of the girls that weekend and when I get some of Kallin I will add them also.

This is Shaye This is Tate and her curlers This is her curls

2 comments:

Will and Julie said...

I can't believe that hair it looks like a hair piece. She has tons of hair. That would be fun!
Love you and hey I love your hair cut too. Love ya Mom

Fred and Meili said...

The curlers made her hair look gorgeous!! Your hair is cute too. Good luck with the surgery! I love the updates. It is fun to know what is going on!